The very talented practitioner and dispenser of herbs and lore, Kate, of Om Shanti Handcrafts tagged me way back in Dec '08. Thank you, Kate :)
I always meant to pass it along but, you know me... procrastinator extraordinaire!
~ Link to your tagger and list these rules on your blog.
~ Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
~ Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their name as well as links to their blog.
~ Let them know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
7 things you may/may not know about me:
1. I'm the spawn (yes, spawn) of a Chinese mother and an Indian father.
2. I was promoted to Motherhood at the ripe old age of 38.
3. It takes a lot of willpower for me to throw anything out - as a result of which I have 3 baskets of fabric scraps, some usable, the rest are questionable...
4. I have developed a penchant for online shopping in the past 3 years - if I could do ALL my shopping online, and not have to brave the horrible traffic to get anywhere, I would.
5. I live in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, where traffic really s--ks.
6. I need to be very systemetic with anything I do, or else I will feel either overwhelmed, unmotivated or become careless.
7. I am not creative per say, but productive is a better word to describe my craftiness/sewiness.
8. I love animals, sometimes more than I do some of my fellow human beings. Although I can't abide snakes, I would NEVER want to hurt them for no reason.
(yes, supposed to be 7 only but the 8th one came to me quite compellingly).
8 blogs I admire/read regularly/am inspired by:
1. Ikat Bag (oh so MANY wonderful projects and funny to boot!)
2. Diary of a Sewing Fanatic (who shames me into being more productive with my sewing time)
3. A Print A Day (because I could NEVER draw like her)
4. Yummy Goods (just the colours alone will induce creativity in anyone)
5. Middle of Nowhere (for her serenity, which I lack - and also her amazing felted animals)
6. UK Lass in US (LOVE her lexicon)
7. Flossie Teacakes (I can actually 'see' her when reading her blog)
8. Styling My Life (for the lovely idiot-proof recipes I will one day get around to trying)
My buddy over at Ikat Bag had also nominated me for the Kreativ Blogger award (WAAAY back in Feb), which I am also awarding to the same 8 above, plus one more:
9. Om Shanti Handcrafts (cos I can't get enough of the 'natural-ness' of her world)
The rule apparently says 10 - but who's counting anyway?
Edited: No one is obligated to participate, of course. If anything, it is just my chance to pay tribute to those on blogland who are often faceless but who contribute to the brightness of my day :)